butterscotch bourbon bread pudding
- 1/2 loaf day old negan brioche or 1 baguette (about 5-6 cups cubed)
- 1 jar Nature's charm Butterscotch sauce
- 2 cans Nature's charm coconut whipping cream
- 1 cup soy or almond milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup+1 tbsp bourbon , devided
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 cup pecanfor serving : vegan vanilla bean ice cream
- slice the bread into 2"(5cms.) chunks place in 9 x 13 glass pan or casserole dish set aside
- add 1/2 jar of butterscotch sauce with the coconut milk , non dairy milk , brown sugar , cornstarch , vanilla , and 1/4 cup of bourbon to a blender. blend until smooth and creamy , about 1 minute. add the poppy seeds and pulse at a low speed to combine.
- in 9 x13 glass pan or casserole dish , pour the poppy seeds mixture over the bread. add the pecans and mix with you hand to combine.
- press the bread down into the pan. cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or over night.
- uncover and bake at 160 °c for 1 1/4 -1 1/2 hours , until the top begin to brown and a toothpicks insert to the center and come out clean.
- while the bread pudding bake , stir the remaining 1 tbsp (15ml) bourbon into the rest of the butterscotch sauce in a small saucepan , heat until warm
- serve bread pudding topped with ice cream and warm butterscotch sauce.