by Laura of Laura Fruit Fairy
For the Caramel :
• 1/2 cup sugar
Place the sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
Stir and melt until golden. Pour into the bottom of 6 ramekins.
For the Custard :
• 2 cups Nature’s Charm evaporated coconut milk
• 1 tablespoon agar-agar flakes
• 1/2 cup extra-firm silken tofu
• 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt
1. Place the evaporated coconut milk in a medium saucepan and sprinkle
with the agar flakes. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Bring to a boil, then reduce
the heat to low and cook, stirring often until the agar has dissolved.
2. Put the tofu, sugar, vanilla, salt, and evaporated coconut milk mixture
in a blender and blend until very smooth.
3. Pour into the ramekins over the syrup, cover with plastic wrap,
and refrigerate for at least 1 1/2 hours.
4. To remove from the ramekins, dip the bottom in hot water
for about 15 seconds, then turn over onto a plate.