BUTTERSCOTCH BOURBON BREAD PUDDING
by Megan Sadd
Serves : 8
• 1/2 loaf day old vegan brioche or 1 baguette (about 5-6 cups cubed)
• 1 jar Nature’s Charm Butter Scotch Sauce
• 2 Cans Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipping Cream
• 1 cup soy or almond milk
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp bourbon, divided
• 3 tbsp corn starch
• 1 tbsp vanilla
• pinch salt
• 1 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
• 1 cup pecans
• For serving : vegan vanilla bean ice cream
1. Slice the bread into 2" (5 cm) chunks. Place in a 9x13 glass pan or casserole dish. Set aside.
2. Add 1/2 the jar of butterscotch sauce with the coconut milk, non-dairy milk, brown sugar, corn starch, vanilla, and 1/4 cup of bourbon to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the poppy seeds and pulse at a low speed to combine.
3. In a 9x13 glass pan or casserole dish, pour the poppy seed mixture over
the bread. Add the pecans and mix with your hands to combine.
4. Press the bread down into the pan. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours
5. Uncover and bake at 160 C for 1 1/4 -1 1/2 hours, until the top begins
to brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. While the bread pudding bakes, stir the remaining 1 tbsp (15 ml)
bourbon into the rest of the butterscotch sauce in a small saucepan. Heat until warm. Serve the bread pudding topped with ice cream and warmed butterscotch bourbon sauce.